Co- founder & Head Ultramarathon Coach
- B.S. Exercise & Sports Science, Coastal Carolina University
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- RRCA Certified Running Coach (Level 1)
- UESCA Certified Ultrarunning Coach
- Specializes in helping athletes balance ultramarathon training with real life.
Heather Hart, ACSM EP-C, is full time running coach, exercise physiologist, certified strength and conditioning specialist, mom of two teenagers, writer, and ultrarunner who believes that ordinary people can achieve extraordinary feats.
While always a student athlete growing up, Heather didn’t discover a love for fitness or running until after the birth of her first son in 2006. What started as a means of trying to shed baby weight, quickly turned into a much needed mental and emotional release from the stressors of adapting to parenthood. Running helped Heather become a stronger, healthier, more confident woman and mother.
But it didn’t stop there.
In 2007 Heather simultaneously finished her first marathon, and decided to pursue a bachelors degree in Exercise Science in order to help other people experience this same incredible life change. Very soon after, Heather began working in gyms as a personal trainer and group exercise instructor, while continuing to study and earn her American College of Sports Medicine Exercise Physiologist credentials.
But her love for running always remained at the forefront of her mind. While working in gyms between New Hampshire, Vermont, and South Carolina, Heather was always the first to suggest and lead the creation of numerous group running programs, and could always be found helping members train for their first 5K’s or half marathons.
In 2017, together with her husband Geoff, Heather co-founded Hart Strength and Endurance Coaching, an in person and virtual coaching service specializing in helping people balance training with family, work, and “real life”. Their coaching group grew quickly, and in 2018 Heather left the gym to work full time as a running coach.
Heather has since helped dozens of athletes achieve their running dreams, from finishing first 5K’s, to setting half marathon PR’s, to earning Western States 100 mile qualifying tickets, and so much more.
Over the last 15 years, Heather has participated in a gamut of endurance sports, from road running, to triathlon, to obstacle course racing, and even adventure racing. But her heart and soul is running on the trails, and in running really long distances. When she’s not training for ultras, you can find Heather as a regular in the weight room at the gym, or writing educational posts and sharing personal stories on her blog Relentless Forward Commotion
Some of the races & adventures Heather has coached runners for:
- Umstead 100
- Georgia Death Race
- Yeti 100
- Blood Rock 100
- Strolling Jim 40 miler
- Vermont 100
- Burning River 100
- Black Canyon 100K
- Ozark Trail 100
- Big Horn 100
- IMTUF 100
- Swamp Fox 100
- Hellbender 100
- Cremator 50 M
- Grand Canyon R2R2R
- Desert Rats Stage Race
- The Country Mile 100
- Mt St Helens Loowit Trail
- Mt Rainier Wonderland Trail
- Mt Hood Timberline Trail
- Pine Creek 100
Some of Heather’s favorite running moments & race accomplishments:
- 1st place Female: 2021 Trotting for Tatas 9 Hour Ultra
- 1st place Overall: 2021 Stede Bonnet 10 hour Ultra
- 1st place 3 person team: 2021 Independent Republic 12 hour Adventure Race
- 1st place Female: 2021 Hallucination 6 hour Ultra
- 1st place Female: 2021 Frozen H3 night 50K
- 1st place Female: 2019 Saddlers Creek 24 Hour ultra
- 2nd place Female: 2019 Frozen H3 100 miler
- 1st Place 2 Person Co-Ed Team: 2020 Palmetto Swamp Fox 10 Hour Adventure Race
- 1st place Overall: 2018 Stede Bonnet 10 hour ultra
- 3rd place Female: 2017 Knock on Wood 100 miler
- 3X finisher and podium placement at SunBare Whispering Pines Clothing Optional 5K (yep, we ran naked!)
- Finisher, 2016 TransRockies Run 6 day Stage Race
- Competitor at the first ever (2012) Spartan Ultra Beast, Killington VT